This visa is for those international students who wish to improve their English Language Skills by undertaking English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) in Australia.
This visa grants the following entitlements:
• Study in Australia for the duration of your Visa
• Work for up to 20 hours per week in term time and unlimited hours during holidays
• Eligible dependents may study for up to 3 months and are entitled to the same working conditions as the main visa applicant (above)
Many Visa applicants wish to study English Language in Australia before seeking further education, however if the English Language course you wish to undertake is a pre-requisite to another course, you must apply for the visa appropriate to your main course of study.
The eligibility requirements for this visa is as follows:
- You must have been accepted on a full-time registered course
- You must genuinely intend to stay in Australia temporarily (for the duration of your study)
- You must have enough available funds to support your study in Australia, which includes tuition fees, travel, accommodation and living expenses.
- You must have enough available funds to support your spouse and dependents (if applicable) whether they are included in your application or not
- You must provide evidence:
– that you have the educational qualifications required by your education provider
– that you will undertake no more than 40 weeks of ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students)