The Skilled Independent Visa to Australia means that there is no need for employment, state or family sponsorship to gain permanent residence to Australia.
This visa gives all visa applicants the opportunity to:
- Live and work in Australia as Permanent Residents
- Study in Australia
- Become a Citizen of Australia within 4 years
In order to apply for a Skilled Independent Visa to Australia, an applicant must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Must be under 50 years of age at the time of application
- Must nominate an occupation from the most recent Skilled Occupations List
- Must have a valid Skills Assessment from a designated Skills Assessment Board
- Must have at least competent English Language skills
In addition to meeting the basic eligibility requirements you need to achieve a pass mark score against the skilled migration points test. The points test pass mark for the skilled visa to Australia is currently 60 points. The categories to acquire points are broken down to assess age, English language, Qualifications, Partners Skills and various other categories.
Australia operate a Skill Selection visa process where an applicant expresses an interest in applying for a visa under this subclass. Thereafter the Government will review your application and may invite you to apply for residence. V&P will ensure that your application has the best chance of selection and so if you satisfy the above requirements and require us to calculate your potential points score, contact us today!