The Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189 – Points tested) to Australia offers the Permanent Residency in Australia for the Skilled Workers who are not sponsored by a family member or employer or nominated by state or territory or government.
Eligibility to qualify for a Skilled Independent Visa:
- Must have a relevant occupation
- A valid skills assessment from the designated skills assessment board
- Must meet the minimum pass mark of 60 points
- Candidate must be under 45 years old at the time of invitation
- Have Competent English Language skills
- Must be invited by DHA to apply after submitting Expression of interest
The Skilled Independent Visa gives you the opportunity to:
- Live and work in Australia as a PR holder along with your dependents.
- Become a citizen of Australia within 4 years.
- Multiple entries to Australia in the initial five years.
- Renew your PR if you meet specific criteria.
- Enjoy many rights and privileges of citizens, including access to free or subsidized legal and health services.
- Sponsor family members/relatives.
- Apply for Australian consular assistance overseas.
- Get privileges to travel to New Zealand. Also, live, work, and study in New Zealand, with the approval from NZ government.
- Children born in Australia can obtain Australian citizenship if opted for by the parents.
In DHA’S skilled Selection visa process, the applicant expresses an interest in applying for a visa under the subclass 189. Thereafter the Government reviews the applications and may invite the applicant to apply for residence.
Our Global Immigration Experts in V&P will ensure that your application has the best chances of selection.
If you are interested in Australia immigration, call us today! Our Global Immigration Experts in V&P will assess your eligibility and assist you in getting your PR in hand.