The Temporary Work visa (Subclass 457) is the most common route for employer-sponsored migration to Australia. It allows skilled workers travel to Australia and work in their nominated occupation.
Please be informed, the Australian government has announced that – the Temporary Work (Skilled) visa will be abolished and replaced with a new Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa in March 2018.
This is Valid for:
- 4 years if applicant’s’ occupation is in the MTSSL List
- 2 years if applicant’s occupation is in the eligible skilled occupations but is not listed on the MLTSSL.
Eligibility to qualify for a Temporary Work Visa
Must be sponsored by an approved business
- Must have the right skills to fill the position nominated by the approved business.
The Temporary Work Skilled Visa to Australia will give you the opportunity to:
- Work in Australia for the duration of your visa
- Bring your eligible dependents to Australia — dependents can work and study
- Multiple Entry to Australia during your stay
457 Employer-sponsored (Australian Employer)
To avail this visa, you must have an eligible Australian Employer willing to offer you a skilled position.
- The employer must have a demonstrated commitment to employing Australian Citizens/residents. Labour Market Testing is often required whereby an employer must have made attempts to advertise the position and recruit Australian residents.
- The employer must be a lawfully operating business inside Australia (shelf companies are not eligible to sponsor).
- The employer has a demonstrated commitment to training Australian citizens/residents (training benchmark)
- The employer must nominate an occupation to be filled from a list of eligible occupations and the position must be remunerated accordingly.
- The visa applicant has the relevant work experience and/or qualifications to perform the position
- If you have an offer of employment from an Australian employer contact us today.
457 Business Sponsored (Overseas Business – Outside Australia)
If your business is based outside of Australia and you wish to open a branch office or you simply need to fulfill a business contract in Australia, this visa option should be explored (also see Business Visas).
The basic requirements for this visa are as follows:
- The business must nominate an occupation to be filled from a list of eligible occupations and the position must be remunerated accordingly.
- The person nominated (visa applicant) must establish, or assist in establishing, on your behalf, a business operation in Australia with overseas connections, or fulfill, or assist in fulfilling your contractual obligation.
- The visa applicant has the relevant work experience and/or qualifications to perform the position.
If you are exploring opening an office in Australia or need to fulfill a business contract and wish to discuss transferring staff, call us today.