As stated above, the 143 visa application has the same visa entitlements as the 103 Parent Visa, however the processing times are significantly less due to the Contributory fee that is due to be paid to the Australian Government prior to Visa grant.
The visa entitles all applicants to:
- Live and work in Australia as Permanent Residents
- Study in Australia
- Become a Citizen of Australia within 4 years
The basic requirements for the Parent Visa is as follows:
- Parents must be sponsored by an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident or eligible New Zealand Citizen
- You must meet the balance of family test
- An Assurance of Support Bond [AoS] must be lodged prior to visa grant. The Aos is currently AUD10,000 for the main applicant and AUD4,000 for any dependent applicant. This AoS will be held with the Government for 10 years.
- Pay a Contributory Parent Visa Application Fee of AUD43,600 per applicant. The amount is subject to many conditions i.e. if you have previously applied for a parent visa the amount may be somewhat lower. You should contact us for a specific up to date Visa Application Fee.
The Contributory Parent Visa application fee is non-refundable and will only be requested once the Department of Immigration and Citizenship are satisfied that you meet all visa requirements.
The balance of family test states that either half or all of your children must reside in Australia in order to be considered for this visa. For example, if you have 5 children, 3 of them should reside in Australia. Children from both parents will be considered and therefore if you or your spouse have children from previous relationships they will be taken into consideration when considering the balance of family.