The Federal Skilled Visa to Canada allows highly skilled, educated migrants with an eligible occupation to consider a permanent move to Canada without an offer of employment! Since Canada have recently updated their quota for this category, its important that any eligible applicants take advantage of this program today!
This visa gives all visa applicants the opportunity to:
- Live and work in Canada as Permanent Residents
- Study in Canada
- Become a Citizen of Canada within 3 years
In order to apply for the Federal Skilled Visa to Canada, an overseas applicant must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Must have a valid Educational Credential Assessment [ECA]
- Must have at least competent English Language skills (a 6 in each band of the IELTS test)
As of January 1st 2015 Canada have revised their Federal Skilled Work Program and all applicants meeting the above requirements must have an occupation listed under 0 A or B of the NOC Matrix: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/pdf/Matrix.pdf
If applicants meet all of the above, we can proceed to complete a points assessment for them. The process as of January 1st 2015 is as follows:
- An applicant must make an application to any of the designated Education Credential Assessment bodies and obtain a positive assessment. Depending on which assessment body you use, this step takes around 1-2 months to complete
- Simultaneously, applicants should be completing English Language examinations via one of the recognised tests
- Once an applicant has their ECA report and a valid IELTS certificate they can proceed to log their interest for making an application for the Federal Skilled Work Visa via Canada’s Express Entry System
- When the Express Entry account is set up an applicant will be prompted to create a profile in Canada’s Job Bank. Upon completion of this stage an applicant will be placed into the pool of applications awaiting a selection round
Should an applicant meet all of the minimum requirements, have a strong points score and a good Job Bank application they should be selected from the Express Entry System and invited to apply for Immigration to Canada as a Permanent Resident. At this stage, all visa fees will be due and you will be invited to upload all documents for assessment with Citizenship and Immigration Canada [CIC]. Once selected, it is anticipated that CIC should take no longer than 3 months to decide your visa.
Canada has exceptionally limited places for these visas, estimated at 50,000 spaces set as a quota for the Federal Skilled Program this year. V&P will ensure that your application has the best chance of selection and so if you satisfy the above requirements and require us to calculate your potential points score, contact us for a FREE assessment today!