The Tier 2 General Work Permit is issued to applicants who are sponsored by a company that holds a Tier 2 Sponsorship License.
Tier 2 General Work Permit visa entitles all successful applicants to:
- Live and work in the UK temporarily
- A route to settlement
In order to apply under this visa category to the UK, an applicant must satisfy the points requirement of 70 – this would include points allocated for:
- Maintenance, money saved to evidence you are able to support yourself and your dependants
- English Language Requirement
- A sponsor and a valid Certificate of Sponsorship will need to be provided by the sponsoring company
- Resident Market Labour Test may apply
- Job must be on the graduate occupation list or on the shortage occupation list
The Tier 2 General Work Permit for the UK can be issued initially for a validity period of up to 3 years or 5 years. Extension applications may be made at the end of this term to bring your total stay in the UK to 6 years. After a period of five years under this category the applicant may be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).
If you satisfy the above requirements and require Visas and Permits.com to calculate your potential points score, contact us today! If you have completed a points test in the past and were unsuccessful please contact us to discuss alternative routes – V&P specialise in visa solutions for the UK!