The 162 – Investor Visa is for genuine business people with an investment career who are committed to investing or business in Australia.
This visa enables you to:
- Make a designated investment
- Travel in and out of Australia any number of times as long as the visa is valid
- Have your family accompany you to Australia. They will have access to work and study rights
- Establish a pathway to permanent residence.
There are basic requirements for this visa, listed as follows:
- You must be under the age of 45 years old at the time of submitting the application
- You must have vocational English
- You must intend to make a Government approved the designated investment of AUD1,500,000 in a State/Territory for 4 years
- You had net assets in a qualifying business of AUD200 000 for at least two of the four fiscal years immediately before you apply
- The annual turnover of your main business must have been at least AUD500 000 in at least two of the four fiscal years immediately before you apply
- In addition, for at least 1 of the 5 past fiscal years, you must have owned at least:
– 51 per cent of the business where the turnover is less than AUD400 000 per annum
– 30 per cent of the business where the turnover is AUD400 000 or more per annum
– 10 per cent where the business is a publicly listed company or
- You maintained direct involvement in managing your eligible investments. The total value of that investment was at least AUD1,500,000.
- The net value of your assets was at least AUD2,250,000for the two fiscal years immediately before you apply.
- You have a total of at least three years experience of direct involvement in managing one or more main businesses or eligible investments
- You have demonstrated a high level of management skill in relation to an eligible investment or qualifying business activity
If you are married or in a de-facto relationship for at least 12 months prior to applying, your spouses’ assets may be included and combined to total the net assets and total investments required above.