This visa enables children of Australian Citizens and/or Permanent Residents to apply for a visa on behalf of their child to join them in Australia. The 103 – Child Visa entitles all applicants to:
- Live and work in Australia as Permanent Residents
- Study in Australia
- Become a Citizen of Australia within 4 years
The basic requirements to be met on this visa is as follows:
- The child must be the child or stepchild of their sponsor
- The Child must be under 25 years of age at the time of application. If the child has turned 18 years of age, they must also be a full-time student and financially dependent on their sponsoring parent.
- The child must be single. They must not be married, in a de-facto relationship or engaged to be married.
- The sponsor must have sole custody of the child or a legal document to confirm consent of removal from their country of residence (if parents are separated)