Like the 143 Contributory Parent Visa above, this visa is subject to significantly lesser processing times than the 103 Parent Visa, however, there are lesser Contributory Parent Visa application fees to be paid than that of the 143 Visa above. However, this visa grants temporary residence status in Australia and can lead to Permanent Residence.
The visa entitles all applicants to:
- Live and work in Australia as Temporary Residents
- Study in Australia
- Become a Permanent Resident of Australia within 2 years
The basic requirements for the Parent Visa are as follows:
- Parents must be sponsored by an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident or eligible New Zealand Citizen
- You must meet the balance of family test
- An Assurance of Support Bond [AoS] must be lodged prior to visa grant. The AoS is currently AUD10,000 for the main applicant and AUD4,000 for any dependent applicant. This AoS will be held with the Government for 10 years.
- Pay a Contributory Parent Visa application fee of AUD29,130 per applicant
The Contributory Parent Visa application fee is non-refundable and will only be requested once the Department of Immigration and Citizenship are satisfied that you meet all visa requirements.
The balance of family test states that either half or all of your children must reside in Australia in order to be considered for this visa. For example, if you have 5 children, 3 of them should reside in Australia. Children from both parents will be considered and therefore if you or your spouse have children from previous relationships they will be taken into consideration when considering the balance of the family.