The prospective Marriage visa applies to applicants who do not meet the relationship requirements of the subclass 309 or 100 partner visas to Australia but are in a committed, genuine relationship and wish to marry in Australia.
The visa enables you to:
- Enter Australia for 9 months with the intention of marriage within this duration
- Apply for 309 – Partner Visa once married to remain in Australia
The basic requirements for the Prospective Marriage visa to Australia are:
- The applicant and sponsor must have met in person
- You must be aged 18 years or over
- You are in a genuine and continuing relationship and you intend to maintain a lasting relationship as husband and wife
- You must be of opposite sex to your intended spouse
When making an application for a prospective marriage visa to Australia you must submit a date of intended marriage and book the wedding ceremony in Australia. You do not necessary have to get married on this date. It can always be moved once the visa is granted but you must marry within 9 months of the date of visa grant – this cannot be extended.
Once you are married under this visa subclass an application can be submitted for a temporary spouse visa that will allow you to live and work in Australia for 4 years. After 2 years you can apply for Permanent Residence.
As with the other visa categories dependent children and other eligible family members can be included in your application subject to meeting specific requirements.
If you meet the basic requirements above, get in contact today.