This visa is for the purpose of Primary and Secondary School study, including Junior and Senior Secondary.
This visa grants the following entitlements:
- Study in Australia for the duration of your Visa
- Work for up to 20 hours per week in term time and unlimited hours during holidays
- Eligible dependents may study for up to 3 months and are entitled to the same working conditions as the main visa applicant (above)
The eligibility requirements for this visa is as follows:
- You must have been accepted on a full-time registered course (Your Australian education provider will advise you of the academic results you need in order to be accepted onto the registered course)
- You must genuinely intend to stay in Australia temporarily (for the duration of your study)
- You must have enough available funds to support your study in Australia, which includes tuition fees, travel, accommodation and living expenses.
- You must have enough available funds to support your spouse and dependents (if applicable) whether they are included in your application or not
- You must have health insurance while in Australia. Health insurance can be provided by obtaining Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which provides medical and hospital insurance
Depending on your country of citizenship, there may be English Language requirements attached to this visa.