The Vocational Education and Training Visa is aimed at potential international students wishing to engage in the following courses in Australia:
- A certificate I, II, III and IV (except ELICOS)
- A VET diploma
- A VET Advanced Diploma
- A Vocational Graduate Certificate OR Diploma
In order to commence study in Australia for the above vocational courses, you must:
- Have been accepted on a full-time registered course (Your Australian education provider will advise you of the academic results you need in order to be accepted onto the registered course)
- Genuinely intend to stay in Australia temporarily (for the duration of your study)
- Have enough available funds to support your study in Australia, which includes tuition fees, travel, accommodation and living expenses.
- Have enough available funds to support your spouse and dependents (if applicable) whether they are included in your application or not
- Have Health Insurance while in Australia. Health insurance can be provided by obtaining Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which provides medical and hospital insurance
Depending on your country of citizenship, there may be English Language requirements attached to this visa.