The Skilled Regional Nominated Visa (Subclass 489) allows Skilled workers, who have obtained additional points from Regional State Sponsorship or Family Sponsorship (staying in the same region) to live and work in Australia for up to 4 years.
Eligibility for a Skilled Regional Nominated Visa:
- The applicant must have a relevant occupation listed on the MLTSSL or STSOL
- Must have a valid skills assessment from the designated skills assessment board
- Must meet the minimum pass mark of 65 points
- Must be under 45 years old at the time of invitation
- Must have Competent English Language skills
- Must be invited by DHA to apply after submitting Expression of interest
- Must be nominated by a state or territory government agency or be sponsored by an eligible relative
- Must be invited to apply
The Skilled Regional Nominated Visa does not grant instant Permanent Residence in Australia. Applicants are required to live and work within the Regional State that sponsored their application or within the same state in which their sponsoring family member resides for a minimum of 2 years and work for at least 12 months prior to applying for Permanent Residence.
The Skilled Regional Visa allows you to:
- Stay in Australia upto 4 years.
- Live, study and work in the specific region.
- Multiple entry to Australia , as long as your visa is valid.
- Extend or renew the Skilled Regional Nominated Visa, if you meet the specific criteria.
- A Skilled Regional Nominated Visa is valid for up to four years and provides a pathway to apply for permanent residence.
The following areas are classified as Regional Australia and therefore are the only regions in which applicants are eligible to live and work in Australia under this subclass:
State or Territory Designated Areas
South Australia: Anywhere
Northern Territory: Anywhere
Aust Capital Territory: Anywhere
Queensland Postcode: areas 4019-4028, 4037-4050, 4079-4100, 4114, 4118, 4124-4150, 4158-4168, 4180-4899 (anywhere except Brisbane metropolitan area)
Western Australia: Anywhere
New South Wales Post: areas 2311-2312, 2328-2333, 2336-2490, 2535-2551, 2575-2739, 2787-2898 (anywhere except Sydney, Newcastle, and Wollongong)
Australia operates a Skill Selection visa process where an applicant expresses an interest in applying for a visa under this subclass. Thereafter the Government will review your application and may invite you to apply for residence.
Interested in Living in Australia? Looking for 489 visa consultants in India? Call us today! Our Global Immigration Experts in V&P (visa service) will assess your eligibility and ensure that your application has the best chances of selection.