International Students in Canada on a valid Student Visa are not automatically entitled to work in Canada.  They must first complete at least 6 months of full-time study and adhere to all student visa regulations. In addition to your student visa which allows you to live and study in Canada, the Off-Campus Work Permit for Students will allow you to:

  • Work in Canada for 20 hours per week in term time and full-time during school breaks

To be eligible to apply for the Work Permit in Canada the student must:

  • Be enrolled in full-time education in a participating Canadian Education institution and possess a valid Study Permit
  • Comply with all Student visa regulations
  • Have satisfactory academic standing in your specific program for at least 6 out of 12 months immediately before applying

Once granted this visa a Student must maintain their satisfactory academic record in order to keep the Work Permit valid and must seek employment without assistance just as they would in their home country.

Quick FREE Assessment

Your details will not be shared