The Federal Skilled Work visa (FSW) to Canada allows highly skilled, educated migrants with an eligible occupation to consider a permanent move to Canada without an offer of employment.
Since Canada have recently updated their quota for this category, it’s important that any eligible applicants take advantage of this program today!
The Federal Skilled Work Visa allows the applicant to:
- Live and work in Canada as a Permanent Resident
- Study in Canada
- Become a Citizen of Canada within 3 years
- A free/subsidized education and Healthcare
- Immigrate with spouse and children
To get a Federal Skilled Worker Visa the applicant must meet the eligibility criteria of 67 points (out of 100) or higher to immigrate to Canada.
Eligibility for a Federal Skilled Work Visa (FSW):
- Be above 18 years old
- Show a valid Educational Credential Assessment from an approved agency
- Have minimum one-year of valid work experience and the job must be listed under National Occupation Classification (NOC) list.
- Achieve proficiency in one or both of the official languages of Canada (i.e. English or French) and meet the minimum level of CLB 5 or NCLC 5 in all four language areas (listening, reading, writing and speaking)
The candidate can earn points for adaptability on below categories:
- spouse or partner’s language level
- past study in Canada
- spouse or partner’s past study in Canada
- past work in Canada
- spouse or common-law partner’s past work in Canada
- Arranged Employment in Canada
- Relatives in Canada
- Last but not the least, candidates with above eligibilities must be in the Express entry pool.
What is Express Entry?
The Federal Govt. of Canada utilizes Express Entry to invite Skilled immigrants as permanent residents based on the ability to settle down in Canada and contribute to the country’s economy.
How does Express Entry work?
Express Entry is an online selection pool. It works on a point-based system named as Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). The system enables IRCC to invite the candidates with the highest ranking scores through regular rounds of invitations. As a result, the candidates become eligible for Permanent Residency.
V&P is a Global Immigration firm with highly experienced immigration consultants and case managers, who will assist you with your visa process for Canada and will ensure that your application has the best chances of selection. So if you are serious about living and working in Canada, contact us for a FREE assessment today!