Each of the 10 Provinces in Canada offers unique sponsorship programs to elect the potential applicants based on their government rules and requirements. Many of them require the applicant to have significant funds and a business/investment background and/or a Job offer or family ties to that Province in order to meet eligibility requirements.
Requirements for a Provincial Nomination:
The applicant must meet the minimum requirements of a Territory or Provinces’ Express Entry PNP stream. Such as,
- Must be aged between 18-55 years
- Must have a proficiency over one or both of the official languages of Canada (i.e. English or French).
- Must show the evidence of his/her language skills by qualifying in English Language examinations via one of the recognized tests.
- Meet the minimum fund requirement
- Must have a relevant qualification under specified NOC and at least a year of proved work experience.
-The applicant must have an Express Entry profile. And the profile must show that he/she has met the minimum criteria for Express Entry under different streams.
– The applicant can acquire additional points by having a study degree from Canada or a valid job offer (* Labour Market Impact Assessment may require).
What are the Benefits of Provincial Nomination Program (PNP)?
- Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) open pathways for the Permanent Residency to Canada through Express Entry. Because any nomination from PNP enables the applicant to add 600 points to his CRS Score.
- Some of the PNP programs do not require a job offer from a Canadian employer.
- Few provinces like SINP (Saskatchewan Immigration Nomination Program) accept candidates with a low-level language proficiency (i.e. CLB 4). This can be an advantageous opportunity for applicants with low IELTS scores.
In addition, every PNP has a Non-express Entry system.
Requirements for a Non-express Entry stream:
- Apply through the paper-based process.
- Meet the minimum requirements of one of the provinces or territories
- Once invited, the candidate has to send an application to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Any Applicant with sponsorship from a close relative; past work experience (in any province); or education can submit an application under this stream without going through Express Entry.
Once invited? we can complete the Permanent Resident Visa to Canada with the Federal Government. The entire process should take around 9-12 months to complete.