We have customers who are in the Express Entry pool and waiting for an invitation in a Federal or PNP draw. That’s great, it’s certainly the safest place to be. Now we need to work on maximising your chances of getting to Canada and we believe we have identified the right pathway. It requires us to act fast.
Firstly, how long are you willing to wait in the EE pool? Yes, for applicants with a higher CRS, it may not take long. But we also need to look out for pathways for candidates who are unable to get maximum English language scores, for example.
What about applicants who get fewer points due to their age or other criteria?
What about applicants who do not have an occupation that is in the provincial-demand list, currently?
What about applicants who can’t show evidence of sufficient proof of funds?
Therefore it is necessary for us to always review new options and find a pathway to fulfil their dream to live and work in Canada. The quota is reset and the doors are now open to accept an application for an “Open Work Permit” that can subsequently lead to a PR with our expert team and advice. This is our new value-added service, we have decided to offer you.
What is an Open Work Permit?
ICCRC has confirmed that any applicant who currently holds a temporary residence permit can now apply for an Open Work permit. This can be for 1-2 years and will allow you to live and work in Canada whilst your applicatIon is processing for PR. Once you get Canadian Work Experience, this can enhance your EE application for PR. Please contact your case manager to discuss this whilst the Open Work Permit quota is open.
There are several ways to convert your Temporary Residence Visa to Permanent Residency in Canada.
First, you need to get a Temporary Resident visa which can be a Long Term Visit Visa, Student Visa or an Employment visa. All of these visas can get you an entry to Canada and apply for an open work permit after arriving in the country. For you specifically, we will be looking at the Visit Visa but all options will be discussed on a call.
What Are The Steps To Getting An Open Work Permit?
We must first apply for a long term Visit Visa [TRV]. We will do this once your application is in the Express Entry pool usually
Once we have a successful TRV, we will apply for an Open Work Permit
If successful you can live and work in Canada for 1-2 years. This will then add significant points to your Express Entry, not to mention give you a pathway to enter Canada’s job market even before your PR is granted
How having an Open work permit in Canada is advantageous for you?
- To candidates who are not able to get a high score in IELTS, Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) is a better option. But in India, we have only one CELPIP centre in Chandigarh.
- Besides CELPIP, there are three more pathways to prove your English or French language proficiency. Unlike India, you can appear for these assessments in Canada. According to our research, these three English assessments are easier to pass in comparison to IELTS. Also, living in Canada gives you an opportunity to prepare for CELPIP by taking training and coaching. The level training obviously has high quality with more chances of passing test.
- As an open work permit holder, you can explore the local job market, apply for jobs, and work in Canada for 12-24 months
- This can give you a Canadian work experience which will help you to increase your CRS score under the Express Entry System.
- You don’t need to show proof of funds if you are working in Canada.
Are You Interested In Migrating to Canada on a Temporary Work Visa to further secure your PR status?
Also, what about my dependent family? Will they be eligible with me?
Can I settle in Canada on a work permit?
What will be the pathway for settlement?
Can I live in Canada and explore the province on a work permit?
Can I explore the job market and get a job?
Who is eligible to apply?
If you are curious about these questions and wish to explore the Temporary Residence pathway to get a PR, talk to our experts. NO matter which type of temporary residence visa you chose, it is important to meet all the basic requirements and prepare the right documents to get selected. That is where we come into the picture to help you. Call us today and let’s add as much value as possible to get your EE points to maximise your opportunity to live and work in Canada in 2020. Remember, the Open Work Permit has a quota – once it is reached, Canada may remove this opportunity to earn additional points for your PR selection. Let us act today!