The Sole Representative Business visa is one of the options for overseas companies or an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation posted on a long-term assignment to the UK wishing to set up an office or expand the business interests into the UK. The company would identify one individual in their employ to carry out this function.
The person applying for the Sole Rep visa to the UK cannot be a Director or primary shareholder of the sponsoring company and they will need authority to carry out the day-to-day operations of the business. The visa entitles all applicants to:
- Live and work in the UK for the sponsoring employer
- The visa may be extended
- Dependants may be added to the application
In order to apply for a Sole Representative Visa to the UK, an applicant must satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Must have been employed within a full-time capacity by the company sponsoring the visa
- Must have full authority to make decisions in the day to day running of the business
- Must have sufficient maintenance to support themselves and dependents, this may be sponsored by the company.
- Meet the English Language requirement
The visa may be extended which could lead to the applicant qualifying for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)
If you satisfy the above requirements and require Visas and Permits.com to further evaluate your eligibility, contact us today! If you have completed an assessment in the past and were unsuccessful please contact us to discuss alternative routes – V&P specialise in visa solutions for the UK!